Tuesday 26 July 2011

London-Göteborg

Today is my last day of my interlude in London before returning to Göteborg. I have mostly been focussing on preparing a few pieces of music in order to be able to choose and develop the appropriate ones for the spaces we have for the performance. Yesterday my young daughter and I went down to the Lea and cast off some little paper boats.



I managed to slip and fall on my behind in the mud and ended up making rather more of an intimate connection with the water than I was expecting... Hoping my boots dry before I need to leave for Sweden.
I collected some Lea water - clearer than I expected - to bring to Göteborg, and looked at the reeds growing in the nearby Middlesex Filter Beds: a water treatment plant that has been turned into a kind of park/nature reserve (my thoughts about which are here). They are too thin - and, I guess reedy - to use as whistles so I've regretfully abandoned the idea of making a whole load of them for the audience to play. I will be taking my saxophone mouthpiece with me to transform the sewage pipe into an instrument though, or at least to try. Looking forward to finding out what kind of interesting noises result. I'm also looking forward to exploring this pile of building rubbish I found very close to the river just before I left Göteborg last time:


Pipes and tubes! Let's hope no one's cleared it up before I get there. I'm hoping to do this with some of it.




Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment